Try some yummy pumpkin-spice waffles + some fresh tangerine juice. A vegan (optional) breakfast that is delicious, win-win.
1 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 Tbsp hot water (OR 1 egg)
1 cup milk (soy, almond, whatever)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp oil
1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 Tsp baking soda
2 Tsp cinnamon
1/2 Tsp nutmeg
1/2 Tsp allspice
1/4 Tsp cloves
1/2 Tsp salt
1. Pre-heat waffle iron.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seed with the hot water. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. In a large bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together (including flax/water mixture)
5. Stir in dry ingredients. Batter will be thick (can add a little bit of liquid if too thick)
6. Follow instructions for baking time with your waffle maker.
Some good topping options:
– Maple syrup and chopped walnuts
– Whipped cream
– Powdered sugar
– Warm apple sauce with cinnamon